Vail Mountain Bike Camps Plan for Operation Summer 2020
As of May 27th, Eagle County will be operating in the Blue Square phase below in the recovery and rebuilding.
Eagle County Public Health recently announced a new order that will transition the community through three different phases of recovery and rebuilding from COVID-19., starting May 1. Social distancing, however, will still be required throughout the process until all health orders are lifted.
Phase 1: Green Circle - gatherings of up to 10 people
Phase 2: Blue Square - gatherings of up to 25-50 people
Phase 3: Black Diamond - gatherings of up to 250 people
Each phase may take up to 4-8 weeks and is dependent upon success of the prior phase. This is not necessarily a linear progression, and we each must do our part to continue social distancing and staying home whenever possible to keep moving forward through these phases as quickly as possible.
All camps that run during Phase 1,2, or 3 will still have social distancing requirements in place, and we will expect the following things from all staff, participants, and parents:
- I will maintain social distancing requirements
- I will wash my hands often
- I will cover my face in public
- I will stay at home when I am sick
- I will get tested immediately if I have symptoms
Special VMS Mountain Bike Camps, June 1-4 and June 8-11
We will most likely be in Phase 1. If we have more than 10 kids, we will stagger our start times, one group starts at 9:00, going until 3:00; another group starts at 9:30, going until 3:30. We will notify you of your start time according to the group your child is in. We will keep each group at 10 or less throughout the entire day.
If we are unable to offer either of these 2 weeks of camp, we will offer a full refund
Vail Mountain Bike Camps Kid's Camps
Start dates have been pushed back, with a new dates added. Here are the new camp dates: June 30-July 2, July 7-9, July 14-16, July 21-23, July 28-30, Aug. 4-6, Aug. 11-13. However, this is all tentative. Vail Resorts, because of Covid-19, may not have the resources to open the trails on Vail Mountain this summer, thus directly affecting our operations. Keep in mind the Private Lessons/Groups information down below as well, for an option.
If we are unable to offer this camp, we will offer a full refund.
Vail Mountain Bike Camps Jr. Academy
This program will start as normal June 16th, since this program does not rely solely on Vail mountain's terrain.
If we are unable to offer this camp, we will offer a full refund
Vail Mountain Bike Camps Privates and Small Groups
These will start the first week of June. Click on the Private Lessons/Groups tab for more information or contact us. Remember, when forming your own group, all riders must be of similar ability.
Steps we will take to ensure the safety of the kids:
- Kids must maintain social distancing while at camp
- All staff members, parents, and kids must cover their faces while at camp
- Waivers must be signed in advance and emailed to us prior to the start of camp
- Please come with bikes that work properly as to limit our contact with the kids
- Please come with helmets that fit properly and are tightened well, as to limit our contact with the kids
- If kids are staying for the afternoon, we will maintain a safe distance at lunch and eat lunch away from any other people
- When we ride in the mornings, we will stay a safe distance away from any groups in Vail Village and stay mostly in the wilderness
- If staying for the afternoon program, we will once again stay a safe distance away from any groups in Vail Village and stay mostly in the wilderness